Friday, April 29, 2011

What Should I Name My Umbreon

Do we need so much money? by EA5BZ

I found it interesting EA5BZ Ruben opinion on that expensive new equipment, now we have teams with excellent midrange performance ..



Here his reflection:


I always liked to try the latest radio stations, and thus able to compare draw a conclusion own performance each. In my case I think that is part of the hobby and is a further incentive.
The fact is that, for some time, I come back to raise some money invested and invest in stations antennas (which is logical) ... and that's exactly what I'm implementing right now. Has caused changes in the teams of my two shacks. The FLEX-5000A in the summer QTH is now a Kenwood TS-590s and the Icom IC-7600 of the QTH of the city is now a Kenwood TS-480.
After making the changes and be much less expensive equipment I pose the question: Is it really worth the € uros for more? I sincerely believe that the answer is NO. The Kenwood 480
(With all filters installed) is meeting my expectations and more than 590 three-quarters of it. I recognize that the selectivity of the 480 CW without filters was insufficient for what I'm used to, but after installing it I am very satisfied with it. Logically there is a thousand buttons, color screens and lights, but do we need that?
Anyway ... recovered as the first movement of satellite is to add one more element to the QTH Steppir summer going to be 3 items 10 to 20 and 4 elements on 6 meters (having installed the liabilities). After finishing this would improve the 30 and 40 meters also in the summer QTH.
I am very pleased with the decision and as I mentioned to several friends: I'm sure I will not miss a QSO to have a team three times that I have money now. Otherwise, if it is possible to win a few others to improve the heating system.

0 comments:

Post a Comment